Thursday, March 5, 2009

Beautiful Dream

Do you ever wake up knowing that you dreamt about something, or even several things, in an intense and vivid alternate-reality, but for some unknown and unexplainable reason, you can’t actually remember it enough to explain to anyone?

Please tell me I’m not alone.

…………………………….

Well, I had a dream like that last night and I can only remember a small fragment of it. But it was the most amazing thing. The magnitude of it, the incredible picture that it painted for me, didn’t come to light until mid-morning when I was sitting at my desk.

I wish I could remember how it started or what led up to this, the only part that I remember, but I guess I’ll just have to start with what I know.

It was dark. Pitch black. And I was alone. Running. I don’t know if I was running from something or just running in order to more quickly discover where exactly I was.

Then, suddenly, still in the dark, I literally ran into the arms of a man. Bigger, taller, stronger. He completely encapsulated me. And it wasn’t an abrupt run-in either. It was as if he saw me coming, opened up his arms, and gave in with his body to ease the blow.

It was so real I could feel it. I could feel him standing against me, holding me up. I could feel his arms firmly and gently wrapped around my waist. I felt his breath on the nape of my neck as he rested his cheek against mine.

When I opened my eyes, I was no longer in the dark. It was bright out.

And we were dancing.

I wish I knew how to properly express just how many ways this registers with me on a deep and unbelievably personal level. It hits home emotionally, physically, but primarily spiritually.

Maybe I’ll expand upon it later… but for now, I want to keep it just for me. It’s somewhat of a treasure today and a hope for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Very cool, Meredith. That's amazing. I look forward to more on how this plays out in your life.